World Food Day calls on the global community to ensure that everyone has access to enough, affordable, safe and nutritious food to lead active and healthy lives.
One of the best ways to do this is to grow your own food.
- SALI Select Suppliers supply professional landscapers with all the seed, plants, tools, soil medium, irrigation, containers, trelliswork and retaining walls to create food gardens.
- SALI Landscapers can design and install professional fruit and vegetable food landscapes for food your charity, your property or a corporate organisation.
Now is the time to contact a SALI member. www.sali.co.za
World Food Day is commemorated annually around the world on 16 October in remembrance of founding the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations in 1945 as an organisation that deals with global food and agricultural issues. For more info: http://www.fao.org/world-food-day/en
Grow a ‘green’ food garden with a MayFord Pop-Up Veggie Garden.
Manufactured from discarded signage fabric, the Pop-Up Veggie Garden uses vegetable inks and invasive wattle stakes. They take up less than a metre (750mm x 750mm, and 300mm high) in sunny spot in your garden.
To get the best out of your Pop-Up Veggie Garden:
* Place on soil with good drainage. No need to dig!
* Line the Pop-Up Veggie Garden with an organic insulation layer such as newspaper or greens.
* Mix in potting soil and compost.
* Add a top layer of seedling soil.
* Sow seeds and keep them moist.
The Pop-Up Veggie Garden is colourful and easy to move. Available from MayFord or your local garden centre.
Design, plant and maintain a food garden this summer.
Think food. Think green. World Food Day highlights the world’s dependent on healthy ecosystems for a long-term supply of safe and nutritious food.
#SALI #Landscaping #WorldFoodDay #HealthyLiving #MayfordSeeds #PassionInSeed #SAKATA